Joni Mitchell - Both Sides 1970 (2018, Blu-ray)

Awatar użytkownika
Sekes
Reputacja: 0

Joni Mitchell - Both Sides 1970 (2018, Blu-ray)

Post autor: Sekes » 30 mar 2022, 17:48

Joni Mitchell - Both Sides Now: Live At The Isle Of Wight Festival 1970 (2018, Blu-ray)
Obrazek

Title: Joni Mitchell - Both Sides Now: Live At The Isle Of Wight Festival
Year of release: 1970 (2018)
Genre: Folk, Rock
Released: Eagle Rock
Cast: Joni Mitchell

Tracklist:

In 1970 the Isle of Wight Festival was one of the largest musical events of its time. Bigger than Woodstock, and controversial from the get-go, hundreds of thousands of people descended on the island. Many of those without tickets set up camp on a hill overlooking the festival site, opposing the consumerism of the event and intent on taking the music back by any means necessary. It was a celebration of hippy counter culture gone awry, and in Joni's words "they fed me to the beast". Joni Mitchell took to the stage to deliver an outstanding performance against all odds. At times it was a battle against the audience, as they tore down barriers and shouted obscenities. Her set was interrupted multiple times, including one man invading the stage to try address the crowd. She later commented, "It seemed like an appropriate time to flee...", but still the seemingly fragile folk-rock singer stood her ground. Instead she returned to her piano, sitting on a fold-up wooden chair, and made an impassioned plea for respect from the audience, continuing her set with "My Old Man" she won over the crowd and the atmosphere softened. In response the front page of Melody Maker hailed her with the frontpage headline, "Joni triumphs!".

Both Sides Now
Both Sides Now
That Song About The Midway
Chelsea Morning
For Free
Woodstock
My Old Man
California
Big Yellow Taxi
Both Sides Now
Gallery
Hunter